View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 03:38 PM

Thank you, Everyone, for your thoughts and prayers.

I sure am glad that it is over!!!!!! [I hope!]

I think that Dema hit the nail on the head when he/she called it a Twilight Zone episode. That sure fits the description to a "T".

I have an appointment with the surgeon on May 12 for a review of my progress. I hope that he will come up with the answer of what the "green murky stuff" was. But I don't hold my breath for the answer.

I had remarked to his #1 resident, who was in charge of caring for me during my emergency (my surgeon, Head of the Dept, was in NYC where he will take over as Head of the cervical surgery for Columbia Un School of Med/Presbyterian Hospital on June 1), and which resident was in cellphone contact with his dept head about me, said that he, the resident, was very orthodox when I mentioned that I would like him to consider metal reactivity after bacteria, or hematoma, as the cause of my problem (belore I knew about "green murky stuff"). I would have liked him to save some of the green murky stuff for chemical investigation. However, I doubt that it will happen.
I do agree with the premise that correlation is not causation, but it sure can be suspicious, IMHO.

I doubt that I will learn. If I do, I will report.

Beware of metal implants, is all I have to say, and do not have a fusion unless you absolutely need a fusion. A fusion, IMHO, opens one up to metal implants, whose ugly head may not rise for some time.

Dodge the "green murky stuff"!!!!
Old Codger, George
79 year old, loves to be very active, but am hampered as time goes on. Partial Cervical Fusion in July 1999, C4&5, C5&6; 2 each-Surgicals for Spinal Stenosis to eliminate neuropathy in feet and lower legs-Sept 2002, no help; Neuropathy cont'd for fifteen years; Clue to neuropathy from past history and new found info of allergy to chromium, nickel and cobalt.