View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 09:01 PM

Hi! I too have had severe back issues for over 10 years. In my case I had all of my records and films reviewed by both Dr. Bertagnoli and Dr. Zeegers in Germany, and I have also had a consult at UCSF. When I saw the doc at UCSF, she said that Bertagnoli does mostly Pro-disc and she considered him a collegue, I believe he is also listed in the manufacturers website as a trainer or something. Obviously the only option I've been offered in the US is Pro-disc since it's FDA approved. To me it seems that Dr Zeegers makes his choice of disc based on the patient's (me!) needs. He wants to use the Activ-l on me.

In one of your posts you said you had spoken to Dr. Bertagnoli's US rep. Unless something has changed that I'm not aware of, you can contact any of the overseas docs on your own without the use of anyone over here. Since you have already gone through a third party, whatever quote you got for surgery may stay the same but it might have been less if the third party hadn't been involved. I'm not really sure but it did seem that the cost quotes I got from his office were higher through the rep than what I had been told to expect. Hopefully someone here will correct my information if it's incorrect!

Good luck on your quest!
Nanci
TREATMENT: IDET, ESI's, Radiofrequency, Chiropractic, Pain Management, PT.
No work since 1999.
ADR Surgery at BetaKlinik, Bonn, Germany 11/30/11-Activ-L at L45,STALIF at L5S1--recovery good so far!
http://backtalk2011.blogspot.com/?v=0