View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 08:47 AM

Default try my doc

First, let me say that the anti-inflammatory diet and exercising are helping you a great deal, and will speed up your recovery, regardless of what the fix is. I was part of the Freedom-Pro disc study in May, and I am, as my PT says, "far surpassing" anyone else he has rehabbed. He gives the credit to the condition I fought to keep prior to surgery. It wasn't easy, as I had nerves and muscles shutting down, as I'm sure you do, as well. The longer you wait, the worse it gets, no matter how hard you try.
I think my doc, Ken Pettine, in Loveland, CO, is among the best. He has desiged two discs himself, has done the "firsts" of many surgeries, and has implanted over 500 ADRs. He presents internationally and produces research. His passion is studies, and has many different types going. Brilliant surgeon and good man.
I will tell you that my PT has told me more than once that I waited too long. It appears that I will be able to recover quite well, but I was really pushing things. If you have a qualified surgeon, to me, there is no need to wait. I wouldn't have said that prior to surgery, and, in fact, had a couple of docs tell me I wasn't bad enough yet. Wish I had jumped the first time I met with him, rather than waiting several more months. It just prolongs the pain and compounds the injury. When the disc is dead, there is no going back. Do not do this with just any surgeon, however! Keep us posted on your progress and remain prayerful.

Freedom disc L5S1 trial
May 11, 2011