View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 04:06 PM

If my wife had stayed local, she would have a two level fusion right now. She would still be wearing a hard collar, not able to drive, not able to work, and not able to lift the kids into the car seats.

And, by the way, we live 20 miles from the "best" spine surgeons in the "world"!

Forget about the distance. Forget about the cost. By you taking the time to do your research, and finding this forum, I think you should take it upon yourself to get the best possible surgeon that can offer you the best chance for a guaranteed positive outcome.

I predict that ADR will become a mainstream procedure in the US in about 7 years or so. At that point there will be some awesome doc in your area that will have a couple thousand of these under his/her belt. Until then, I would stick to the guys that already have that kind of experience.

TJ
- Wife has been diagnosed with Severe Spinal Stenosis Right and Left Sides, Degenerative Disk Disease at C5/6 and C6/7, Large Osteophyte Complexes at a both levels, with C6/7 on R/H Side, and C5/6 both R/H and L/H Sides. Also Reverse Lordosis.
- Performed 2-Level ADR with M6-C by Dr. Clavel, Barcelona Spine Center on 10/15/14.

Last edited by Throttlejockey; 01-09-2015 at 04:06 PM. Reason: grammar