View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 08:06 PM

Default Another Option possibly

I met a Neurosurgeon out here in Nevada. Dr. Jaswinder Grover who think that one of my screws from newest revision fusion had sunk into and is sticking into my c7 space which is causing a lot of my pain.

He also thinks that the ProDisc has submerged a little into the space...sat back more than expected.

Surprsingly, he is thinking that he can go in through the anterior. Same scar as the original prodisc (Front of Neck) and remove the Prodisc altogether. Drill out the prodisc and remove it from C5/C6 space. I was surprised that he could do this with the same level being fused. DOESN'T SEEM Like I would have enough endplates/disc left to be drilled into again?

Then after removing he would put a plastic spacer in the disc area. It seems like a rough operation, because Remember...I don't have the Prodisc Nova or VIvo...I have the Prodisc version 1, with the huge keels.

I guess with the screw from the fusion, he will just remove that screw?

I don't know what to think or what questions to ask. Scary stuff and sounds like a giant adventure. But I am so sick of hurting and it really will be hard to live the rest of my life like this (as I am now). So, I am kind of excited to have some new options (even though they may not be viable in the future with all of my concerns) it is somehow good to hear now.

Dr. Grover sounded very confident and he looked at all of my MRI's and all of my CT Scans and now the next step is a Nerve Conduction study on my glowing and numb hands. He says his next important step is to find the exact area of my pains!

let me know your thoughts and thanks in advance. Hope everyone is doing OK.
Ruptured C5/C6 June 2010. Rushed into Prodisc surgery July 1, 2010. Month after installation, symptoms came back and new more intense pain. Fought all year for help. July 6, 2011 received fusion-revision on top of Prodisc - John's Hopkins. Numbness went away in hands, but pain still remains. Doctor's all say "Life of Pain Management" forever. Trying to endure life through the fog of pain and meds and procedures. New hope is now Neurotransmitter "TENS" unit implanted into neck at C5/C6.