View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 02:28 PM

Default Definitely Jeff

Thanks for the post! It was my first consult with him, he was asking me all of the questions...but I will certainly ask him how many and exactly how he plans to remove.

If he sees that screw from the fusion poking into c7 disc from the various MRI's and CT scans that other "readers" may have missed... Why can he not just back that screw out if the metal has already fused. It has been 2.5 yrs.

Why does he have to remove the prodisc altogether. I know that the darn thing has always been my problem and has failed. But, I may try to talk him into one "project" at a time

Sounds Dr. Grover is making this a long-term plan (step by step) but I don't exactly know his timeframe. Yes, my posterior fusion was in July 2011. I have a 9 inch scar on the back of my neck from Hopkins. When he went in, he noticed that my nerve channel was compromised so he dug that out a little. He really opened me up wide in Summer of 2011.

I would imagine that this would be really rough. I have never heard of the Prodisc, especially model # 1 with the huge keels coming out easy and without complications. Death can even result. So, extremely scary.

I just don't know what to think, I guess it will be a very long and thorough decision making process. But I am about done with Opiates which are basically useless at this point now anyway. I am still on the same dose of 30mg per day 5mg x 6 that I was on a month after the initial surgery in August of 2010. I refuse to go up in doseage so I am kind of stuck.

And I wasn't a teacher. I am a salesman for Comcast, now Cox Business out in Vegas. I do a ton of cold calling and run a ton of appts. So, a heck-load of driving and door knocking and running around the Vegas valley w/ meetings and prospecting, etc...

I have basically had to cut out the gym from my regimine because I pay so dearly for even the littlest wrong move. So, I feel like crap all around.
Ruptured C5/C6 June 2010. Rushed into Prodisc surgery July 1, 2010. Month after installation, symptoms came back and new more intense pain. Fought all year for help. July 6, 2011 received fusion-revision on top of Prodisc - John's Hopkins. Numbness went away in hands, but pain still remains. Doctor's all say "Life of Pain Management" forever. Trying to endure life through the fog of pain and meds and procedures. New hope is now Neurotransmitter "TENS" unit implanted into neck at C5/C6.