View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 11:59 PM

Default Leaving for Barcelona

Hey folks,

I know that I haven't really posted about my decision making process, but I want to thank everyone for their posts because they helped me finalize my plans. My husband, brother-in-law and I leave for Barcelona tomorrow. I am having a 3 level M-6L ADR on Wednesday, Nov 9th (levels L2-3 thru L4-5). This has been a decision long in the making, but one that had to be made after sustaining a new, severe herniation at L2-3. MRI results showed that I have end stage DDD (discs completely black) at L3-4, L4-5 and am bone-on-bone at L4-5. Didn't receive good options here in the US...one surgeon said I needed a 3 level fusion and the other said that my lumbar spine was so "messed up" that fusion wasn't an option and I just "needed to deal with it"! Really? After dealing with pain for basically 27 years (started when I was 14 y/o), "dealing" wasn't an option. I consulted with 4 MDs in Europe and felt that my decision to have Dr. Clavel perform my surgery was the right decision for me.

Like many of my predecessors, I have decided to blog about my journey. If I can help anyone by providing information on my recovery, then I feel that it is the least I can do because I'm one of the many that have dealt with the difficulties of living daily with the limitations of back pain. My blog address is:

http://kimsback.blogspot.com

Any suggestions from my recovering or recovered cohort that might help me through what I'm sure with be a formidable recovery period, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Here is to a positive outcome and a soon to be better life! Hopefully soon enough I will be able to move like my little friend
-->

Take care all!
1997- Re-Ruptured L3-4 L4-5. MRI-advanced DDD L1-L5. PT, ESIs
1998-Two Level Laminectomy and One level Discectomy. To relieve nerve root impingement.
1998-2011 Back pain steadily worsened.
8-2011- New pain and new MRI showed- Herniation L2-3 and end stage DDD at L3-4,L4-5.
11-11 3 Level M6 L2-3 to L4-5 by Dr Clavel

kimsback.blogspot.com