View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 06:49 PM

Default Post Surgery update

Hi all,

Thanks for the well wishes and thoughts. I had surgery on July 23rd, at the University of Washington. Scheduled for 5-6 hours... took just over 9! What a mess. Doctor described C5-6 area to look to be full of shrapnel from the "exploded" disc at that level. Both discs were trashed. Removed them (C4/5 and C5/6) along with what was left of the C5 body. Now have a cage with bone chips to help the front fusion grow from C4 to C6 along with a metal plate for the front of the neck and 2 rods with 6 screws fusing the back side. Doesn't feel great, but at least I don't feel like my head may fall off or I will become quadriplegic if I trip and fall or have a minor car accident. Pain was very bad first couple days but mostly tolerable since then. Came home on the 27th and am slowly mending.

If we figure out a way to get and post some pictures of before and after the surgery, we will do so. Hope no-one else has this type of outcome!

Take care,

Tim
Maverick @ L4/5 & L5/S1
Both M6 are broken, found out April, 2015
Both broken M6 removed, C5 vertebral body removed, front and back fusion of C4 to C6, July 2015