View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 09:10 PM

Default Surprised that more people have not chimed in on this discussion

I'm really surprised that more people have not chimed in on this discussion with the number people that have the received the M6 disc on this forum.

I've been on the fence of going overseas to get the M6 disc implanted for my C56 and C67, but reading this thread is getting me worried about the longevity of this device- which has been the reason why I haven't taken the plunge, even though my back neck and back discomfort is at times unbearable.

There is no information on the web of re-design or possible defect with this device. If there are such inherent design issues with an earlier versions, then the company should let people know that the earlier versions are prone to such failure since a failure within your cervical spine can have serious or catastrophic effect. At least this will let them be aware of the potential risks, and let them decide to have more frequent check-ups or even a revision surgery.

Firefighter had 2 of these implanted, and both failed not just one. This is a SERIOUS design flaw.

All I hear from people is that their surgeons (or the person that spoke with spinal kinetic executive) that they have no history of device failure - which is pure BS. Sorry...I've been on this forum for quite sometime, and I've been trying to filter through all the information that people post on here. When the manufacturer and doctors are presenting false information to the patients then they are misleading the patients w/o presenting the potential risks. This is completely irresponsible.

Is the End-of-Life (EOL) of the M6 7-8 years? What happened to the 80 year simulation testing that was done (is this for version A, B, C, etc)? I'm wondering if this is the reason for Spinal Kinetics withdrawing from the FDA approval process some time ago. Now, they are back at it trying to get this device approved again. If failures such as this happened and surgery took place in the states, then these are major lawsuits for this approximately 10 year old company.

Don't get me wrong... I think the M6 design is quite innovative. Who would not want disc replacement that replicates your original disc (or close to it). The longevity of this device is the real question is in my mind. Anything and everything breaks down overtime. I'm sure the M6 works great when they first insert it into your spine (it's like getting a brand new pair of shoes), but what happens after 10, 20, 30, 40 years, etc?
C6-C7: Disk mildly narrowed; extensive modic type II endplate changes; 3 mm central protrusion which extends into the uncovertebral joint spurs; Moderate canal stenosis. Uncovertebral joint spurs that moderately narrow the neural foramina bilaterally.