View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 11:41 PM

I read your post and wanted to mention within minutes of an appointment I had in Santa Monica Ca I was offered a chance to be in a clinical trial and receive an artificial disc. I am an ex athlete and 4 years down the road with disabling lower back pain 4 DDD L3-4 and L4-5. Anthem Blue Cross wont pay and I can get my hands on the money but am still unsure if I am ready to take the leap . If you have 3 younger children and you are getting worse it will probably get even worse over time . If you are a good candidate and are overall healthy you will probably do great with an ADR. I do think that back pain being worse than leg pain is an important factor in being a good candidate. The test study going on in Ca. was for the freedom disc. I am pretty sure you can find that trial. The control group gets the Pro Disc which is one of the two FDA approved discs and seemingly the more popular one amongst the top surgeons
Rick
Discogram Concordant Pain L3-4 Discordant L4-5
Tried PT, Nureomuscular Therapy, ProLo, Accupuncture, Epidural, facet blocks, trigger point
Considering L3-4 L4-5 Dr. Wadkins advice
Seen 5 Surgeons in LA area