View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 02:24 PM

Alistair,

Thanks for your reply. You are correct. No discogram yet so nothing is confirmed other than the way my MRI looks and my symptoms. THe pain is severe with certain activities and changed almost overnight once I re-started PT again. That is the reason for the question regarding fluid leaks. I get a bone density test at the end of this month. Thanks to this site, and a good GP, I am getting this now as a cautionary step.

I have been battling this now for nearly a year. I realize that many others have battled longer and in much worse shape. However, my life as a father and breadwinner has been severely limited. I am not ready to go the surgery route today as I realize it is a huge surgery and I feel I need to try every possible thing to avoid it (probably the same attitude a number of people have had here). However, if I think it is the only way I can get my life back, then it may be worth the risk. I have always been physically fit, no previous surgeries, etc. that seem to make me a relatively good candidate assuming discogram was positive. I am trying to drop a few pounds for a number of reasons, including getting in better shape in the event surgery is needed but my BMI is fine. Thanks again for your post and this site. I'll keep looking for answers.