View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 10:47 PM

Default considering prodisc-c

Hi. I am so glad I found this site. I have been looking for information and experiences with prodisc-c. I was injured last year at work. Radiologist report indicates" C4-C5: small central disc herniation, protrusion-type which does not exhibit any cord or nerve root contact; C5-C6: left paracentral disc herniation, moderate in size which contacts and displaces the cord on the left." I've done PT, traction, TENS, ice, heat, pain pills and muscle relaxers. I have pain with tingling and intermittent numbness in both hands, including the right thumb and between my shoulder blades, unable to work full time. Driving is terrible and I've become much less active than before.

Originally afraid of surgery, now I just want to be fixed and off the pain pills. First doctor recommended fusion and I got a second opinion from a neurosurgeon who recommended ADR at C5-C6. Insurance company has sent my case to peer review and there is no telling how long that could take. I've asked for another MRI to confirm single level in case ADR is contraindicated. Are there any other questions I should ask? For those that have had this surgery, how long did recovery take and did it relieve the pain? I do still have use of hands but there is weakness and the feeling of heavy weight pressing on me. The pain never lets up. Like many others, I just want my life back. Thanks.
Neurosurgeon recommends fusion or prodisc-c at c5-6