View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zocoma View Post
Hi. I am so glad I found this site. I have been looking for information and experiences with prodisc-c.
DEL.TEXT
The "Surgical Outcome Forum" has the most information on patient experiences post-surgery.

My neighbor has a one-level ProDisc-C. She asked me for advice before making the decision of ACDF v. ADR and I was cautious with my words.

My neighbor's net result was she got her life back. She had her second child post-surgery last week.

Will your life be the same? You will not 18 years old again. Aging is a progression. Surgeons are judicious in their treatments, however, every surgery has risk. I am just a patient looking to optimize my choice(s).

The results trend for Cervical arthroplasty, disc replacement, is OK+. I listened to ~90 minutes of a video from UCSF (LINK). The video is on Low Back Pain. One of the two surgeons is P. Mummaneni, who authors a few papers, including on Cervical ADR (link). Dr. Mummaneni made a subtle comment on the higher success rate of cervical ADR / TDR compared to lumbar ADR / TDR.