View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 06:32 PM

Zocoma,

Condolences, and welcome. Many, if not most insurance companies now cover ADR for a single level. Some will even deny covering fusion in favor of covering ADR. I would certainly prefer ADR over fusion.

I had a double cervical ADR two years ago, and like Slackwater's neighbor, I am doing great and have been able to resume all pre-ADR activities. It's not the ADR that relieved my pain, but rather the decompression of the spinal cord and root nerves. The surgeon will do the same decompression whether you have ADR or fusion; so your pain should disappear either way. I felt better when I woke up after surgery than I did before they put me under. The surgical pain took a few days to subside and was completely gone in a further couple of weeks.

I would encourage you to check out your surgeon carefully before an ADR surgery. Make sure that he/she has an established record of excellent outcomes with the ProDisc. Many surgeons have poor records with them and many have good records with them. If you can't confirm an excellent track record, I'd move on to another surgeon.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011