View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 09:16 AM

Hey all, I think my biggest worry about my upcoming surgery is if a certain pain is coming from my back or hip. I did have hip arthroscopy a yr ago from torn labrum, and rehabbed extensively..it seemed to be getting better... range of motion, less pain, etc. But about 6 months into it, my back pain really kicked in again, right cheek burning and wrapping around right hip and into groin, down front of thigh. Suddenly, the back injections, rhizotomies were not giving me any relief. I demanded another MRI with contrast from my hip doc, and an x-ray. The hip looks great on film. Doesn't appear to be culprit. The MRI and discogram my back doc ordered seemed to blame the back as the culprit. I definitely got concurant pain in my butt and right hip during it. A big 10. My gait is certainly off. So to confuse things, I routinely have trochanteric bursitus, which hip doc thinks is secondary, coming from back, and poor gait. What muscle/ligament is it that would make right groin and right hip so tight, that when I try to stretch it the pain goes from groin around to outside of right knee? Is that my IT band? Now my good knee hurts too...all of this bumming me out big time. I am normally extremely fit, live to move, and now 5 minutes on the treadmill really hurts. If this adr does not address this right hip/groin pain, I think I'll jump off a cliff. I should mention my hamstrings stay extremely tight too. Any suggestions how to loosen groin tightness w/o pain from knee? Sorry this is so long. I'm just tired of pain and feeling like a slug. Thanks you guys, Cindy
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!