View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 12:47 AM

Sonja,

Just think when your scared , think of me and that your not alone. I broke out in hives when they told me ( before I went in for surgery at 2 p.m.) that I would stay in ICU after my surgery. What? Why didn't you tell me this yesterday? The examining physician had to leave his practice, to calm me down, which was across the street to sign some forms to give me Ativan . It's a funny story now but it wasn't at the moment.

I said, I'm sorry doctor but I'm really anxious. I have anxiety and this surgery is REALLY making me extra anxious. So, the doctor felt the only safe med before my surgery was Ativan.

I was also anxious because I couldn't eat nor drink since midnight and it was now 2 pm. The nurse couldn't get an IV in (4x's she tried) because (duh) I was dehydrated and my veins weren't showing at all! Usually, when I give blood the nurses all say I have good veins and you can REALLY see them through my skin but you couldn't then because I became so dehydrated.

It is stressful! It is scary for most people! Trust me , if I can do it you can! It will be worth it in the end. You can do it!! I'm rooting for you!

Tammi
Cervical compression with clinical myelopathy with Hoffman's
Tests; MRI's, EMG/NC studies, discogram, CT scan
Pain management; tens unit, ice and heat, physical therapy, chiropratic care, and spinal epidural treatments.
Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Ohio external third party approved Pro-C ADR at C 5-6 on 4/3/13