View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 02:55 AM

Default Diagnosis overlap

I am sorry that you are having so many neuro problems. The diagnosis of MS can be difficult. A brain MRI is a must, and it might need to be followed with a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) to take CSF samples to send for multiple tests.

Your symptoms can be related to your back problems. They can also be related to some of the medications that we all take for our back problems. Web info can be very helpful at times, but it can scare the crap out of you at other times. As I've gotten older and developed some mild normal aging related problems, I've had to convince myself that I don't have MS, a spinal tumor, early Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease. When my bladder problems started late last year, I had to keep prostate cancer out of my mind. Of course, it all ended up being related to my lumbar disk disease and/or medications.

Rmember, some people actually do end up with one of these diagnoses, so it is important to follow up with a neurologist to get the brain MRI and CSF studies if there's a chance of MS. Early treatment can make a difference.
PT, ESI, SI jt injections, 3-level nerve root inj. x 2
Massage, heat, ice, TENS, etc
L5-S1 Charite Jan. 19th, 2009, very happy w/decision
New back pain in upper back though.