View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado babe View Post
REGMT - I am so sorry to hear about your back pain. I can surely sympathize with you. I am going in tomorrow to get a fusion on my L5-S1 and a multi-level ADR at the cervical (C5-7) using the mobi-C. I was suppose to get ADR in the L5/S1 but the bone scan came back with some concerns in the lumbar.

I highly recommend that you do your research and also make sure you get MRI's and a bone scan. I am on Tricare Prime and my insurance denied me at first and I appealed and they denied me again. I took it to a third party and they reversed the decision so don't give up on your insurance -- Keep fighting and don't give up!

I am not sure where you live but the surgeon who is performing my surgery was the first person to ever do the ADR, 2 Level ADR, and 3 level ADR and he also is invested in the stem cell institute here in Colorado. Some people may say he has a big ego but I would too if I was highly known internationally for his work. I have complete confidence in him and the other two surgeons who will be assisting.

Please make sure that you feel confident with your surgeon. If something doesn't feel right - don't use him/her. It took three referrals before I chose my surgeon and as soon as he walked in the door I knew he was the one.

Good luck and please read all the threads on here. I have learned so much and give all the credit to my fellow posters for helping me through this process.

Colorado Babe
Hi Colorado babe,

Good luck with your surgery, I hope it really does wonders for you, let me know how you feel afterward and what improvements it makes for you.
I'm in NY so the plan is to go to HSS in NYC, they have a great spinal care facility, an everyone I spoke to locally said that is place to go.
"keep fighting" - yes, definitely, I have no choice. There is no way I can go on like this.
At one point I had considered going to Regenexx in Denver but it was expensive and my back was too far gone by then. I had PRP injected into my L4/5 disc but it didn't do as much as I expected. Probably because there is so many things causing my low back pain.
Anyway - Be well!!
Reqmt
6 year struggle with herniated L4/5 w/ annular tear, ruptured L5/S1 that is now degenerated to where the bones rub, the lack of height is causing the facet joints to degenerate and cause pain at that level. Stenosis and radiculopathy to the left leg also present.
Now waiting to switch insurance so that I can get a hybrid surgery. Fusion of L5/S1 and ADR at L4/5.