View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reqmt View Post
Hi Colorado babe,

Good luck with your surgery, I hope it really does wonders for you, let me know how you feel afterward and what improvements it makes for you.
I'm in NY so the plan is to go to HSS in NYC, they have a great spinal care facility, an everyone I spoke to locally said that is place to go.
"keep fighting" - yes, definitely, I have no choice. There is no way I can go on like this.
At one point I had considered going to Regenexx in Denver but it was expensive and my back was too far gone by then. I had PRP injected into my L4/5 disc but it didn't do as much as I expected. Probably because there is so many things causing my low back pain.
Anyway - Be well!!
Reqmt
My surgery went quite well and I am getting stronger each day. Was out of bed a few hours after the surgery and most of my pain is coming from the incision site. I've been able to eat solid foods since the day after surgery. I even gained a pound. I have been walking a lot and can even climb three flights of stairs at my house with absolutely no problem. I have noticed some sciatica in the right leg but it only happens when I am sitting in this particular position. I am so happy I went the U.S. route and through my insurance. Now I can save that 80K for some more cruises. My surgeon is Dr. Kenneth Pettine in Johnstown, Colorado. He is awesome and I wouldn't use anyone else. I am praying that you find a good surgeon who you connect with and I know all will go well like my surgery.
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
July 2014 - Stem Cell Procedure performed
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy