View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado babe View Post
My surgery went quite well and I am getting stronger each day. Was out of bed a few hours after the surgery and most of my pain is coming from the incision site. I've been able to eat solid foods since the day after surgery. I even gained a pound. I have been walking a lot and can even climb three flights of stairs at my house with absolutely no problem. I have noticed some sciatica in the right leg but it only happens when I am sitting in this particular position. I am so happy I went the U.S. route and through my insurance. Now I can save that 80K for some more cruises. My surgeon is Dr. Kenneth Pettine in Johnstown, Colorado. He is awesome and I wouldn't use anyone else. I am praying that you find a good surgeon who you connect with and I know all will go well like my surgery.

Awesome!!! So happy for you! It must be such a relief !
I do have a very good surgeon at HSS, he is very caring, which is so important, and they have a great spinal care center. I had seen one surgeon a couple years ago that made me leave in tears because he told me I shouldn't be in as much pain as I am but to call him if I want to go ahead with some kind of surgery. Blah! He was horrible.

Anyway, do you have any advice for getting insurance to cover surgery?

Keep up with the good recovery!
Rachel
6 year struggle with herniated L4/5 w/ annular tear, ruptured L5/S1 that is now degenerated to where the bones rub, the lack of height is causing the facet joints to degenerate and cause pain at that level. Stenosis and radiculopathy to the left leg also present.
Now waiting to switch insurance so that I can get a hybrid surgery. Fusion of L5/S1 and ADR at L4/5.