View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 09:38 PM

Default Sooo, Aetna... CPB review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Hey everyone,

It's been years since I've collected, analyzed and lamented about pricing for spinal disc replacement. Here's "stage 1" of this rather perfunctory project. It's a document I put together just now.

Some good news for BCBS subscribers in five states -- 2 level cervical ADR is covered. Lumbar is still almost twice the cost of cervical -- no changes there. Which is nutty.

See PDF attached.
Hey Harrison - Great info.
Do you know if the information on the attachment takes into account Aetna's scheduled policy review for intervertebral disc prostheses? http://www.aetna.com/cpb/medical/data/500_599/0591.html

It was scheduled for July 8 but policy reviews have between running behind this year. I was told that the review has not been completed yet and the website shows no update as of yet. But, the attachment says, "as of July," and it's TBI so they may well have intel of a policy change, or a policy not changed, before it has been announced.
Thanks again for this pricing and coverage info.
May 2016 to present - Appealing. Summit the couch daily; trek to restroom/kitchen as necessary.