View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 02:38 AM

I apologize! I just couldn't help myself. The frustrated little boy just had to come out of me.

In the process of researching for some information about magnetism with nickel, chromium and cobalt (which I have read can be magnetized as steel/iron can be magnetized), which method may lend itself to my possible needing to test the screws that are in my cervical spine when they are taken out, as to type of alloy, I came across that skit of nonsensical description of a very modern piece of machinery, and thought that is what happens when we rely on the representatives of modern technology, we get a lot of double-talk... and I thought of my frustration that has happened with my trying very hard to know if I am reactive (allergic) to some metals. I really, really, really tried very hard to get the best sample of my blood and lymphocytes to the lab for their best lab result, and spent some good money to do so. It appears to not have happened, and I find my results suspect!!!

My frustration revolves around the sentence on Orthopedic Analysis lab's web order form, where it is stated, "We can accept kits from anywhere that can ship to Chicago, IL, USA, overnight. (we need to receive the blood within approximately 24 hours for the cells to be alive enough for us to do the testing.) [My emphasis]

I had the blood drawn at the local hospital's lab, and I personally took the specimen to the FEDEX office. I did not read the O.A. lab results for the Metal Sensitivity, Orthopedic Panel 2 Testing sent by email until about closing time for the lab on Friday, 2/20/15. On that report, it shows the specimen collected on 2/10/2015 at 12:39 PM (noonish), which is correct. Then, it shows the Sample as being received 2/12/2015 at 9:45AM... longer than the 24 hours specified on their order form.

I seem that I have some questioning to do about the running of the test and the results. I find the results suspect!!!

In any event, that report shows me as being "Highly Reactive" to Nickel (only)... and no other metals being even "Mildly" reactive, nor any in the "Reactive" column.

Yet, my dermatologist's patch test showed me very reactive to chromium, nickel and cobalt... and I have a bad case of eczema/rash/itching that continues daily. And I have some bad neuropathy in my toes and feet, which is what I had in an earlier episode of metal in my body (circa early 1980's), which dissipated when I had the metal taken out of my body back then. I remembered this earlier metal connection and the neuropathy only a few weeks ago.

I could have cried from the frustration, or gotten angry, but when I came across that skit, I chose laughing. I hope that you can understand.

Wishing all wellness!

Old Codger
79 year old, loves to be very active, but am hampered as time goes on. Partial Cervical Fusion in July 1999, C4&5, C5&6; 2 each-Surgicals for Spinal Stenosis to eliminate neuropathy in feet and lower legs-Sept 2002, no help; Neuropathy cont'd for fifteen years; Clue to neuropathy from past history and new found info of allergy to chromium, nickel and cobalt.