View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 12:24 PM

Default upgrades

Richard,

My son had lots of frequent flyer miles and was willing to share. My husband and I went to Germany coach and upgraded me to first-class on the return trip. We had to buy the expensive coach ticket for me so that I would be eligible for the upgrade with ff points.

I know it's getting close to departure time, but do you know anyone who would be willing to give you or even sell you ff points. Maybe you could google to see if anyone has them for sale or maybe a civic group that would help? I've heard of this but never looked into it. We have an American Airline pilot who posts, maybe he would have some suggestions. Maybe this is something that adrsupport could look into for the future.

My husband was allowed to come to first-class soon after we departed. Can you cry?? After we were in the air, I asked if my husband could sit with me. First-class was almost empty, including the seat beside me. They told me no, I started crying - scared, in pain, boo hoo, please, just had major surgery that we had to pay cash to get, pain meds make me , need husband to watch over me (this is important!) boo hoo and more pleading. The head stewardess came back to me and said she would see what she could do and in the meantime she take him a complimentary drink.

Shortly after, she told me that as soon as they served dinner she'd go back and get him! Talk about comfortable and the food was fantastic, little lamb ribs with all the trimmings, as good as any restaurant food.

Good luck in trying to get an upgrade and prayers for a steady surgeon's hands and attentive nurses.

Sandy
**Dec. 2007 numbness and weakness in left arm/thumb, x-rays, MRI, discs at C4-7 pushing on spinal cord, fusion or ADR out of country
**April 7, 2008, discogram at C3-4, surgery 4 levels, Prodisc-C, Dr. Bertagnoli, Germany