Thread: Paul C Intro
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 10:15 PM

Default Paul C Intro

Hello all,
I am 37 and have had some form of lower back pain my entire adult life. I have been active duty military for 19 years and first had a debilitating back episode in 2001, likely as a result of my own doing. Over the years I have learned many different back stretches and poses that have helped to improve my condition, and I have owned an inversion table since 2004, which used to bring me much relief.

As of recent, I have been unable to keep my back pain at a reasonable level, and have had to seek outside help. Months ago, I began the routine of physical therapy including dry needling, as well as chiropractic care. It is feasible that I have allowed my condition to deteriorate beyond significant help by these methods, though they do provide some short lived relief.

I had an MRI last month indicating herniation at L4-L5 and L5-S1, most significantly a the L5-S1 level, with nerve root contact. Also indicated severe foraminal narrowing at the L5-S1 level.

I am presently awaiting a consultation with an ortho spine surgeon and am at the point that I am willing to consider surgery, if I can continue to do my job.

My pain tends to be worst in the lower back, and can radiate to the upper back and neck as I am always compensating with posture. Though I have it a times, pain in the legs is not my predominant symptom, which seems to be the trigger for doctors to elevate beyond conservative care. Unfortunately, my LBP has progressed to a point that I must plan my daily routine around my pain, and it has significantly affected my quality of life.

I began researching ADR a few months ago and really appreciate the info and users who share their experiences on this site. I am aware of the costs most Americans incur when seeking ADR, and I think it would be worth every dime to experience relief. I am a ways out from making this decision, but will continue to research and gain lessons learned from others who have been there and done that so I can make a more informed decision when the time comes.

Cheers,
Paul