View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 10:08 AM

Default hand knee hip pain, thyroid, diet and vitamins

This is my first official post and I am throwing alot of different subjects out there at the same time but here goes.

I noticed on a different thread that some members seem to have thyroid problems. My disk problems started around the same time as my thyroid problems (was hyper thyroid, had radiation treatment, became hypo thyroid, must now take synthroid.) My grandmother also has thyroid and disk problems that began around the same time.

Is it a common problem for us DDD peoples to have lots of inflammation in other joints like knees hips and hands? I have four cervical hernias and one lumbar hernia and many bulging disks. I have asked several health professionals about this and get very differnent answers.

Lastly, has anyone ever found any research done on where DDD comes from besides the obvious genetic likelyhood? I mean things like vitamin deficiency and that sort of thing. ADR is hopeful sure but I have so many messed up disk and I want the rest of them to hold up.

Alot of questions I know but I'm sure you all understand my quest for answers.

Laura