View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 06:16 PM

Default Possible suggestions

Hi JJames -
I am in the NYC area and finding any really experienced ADR surgeons here is pretty tough. I heard from a medical insider that the NorthEast tends to be much more conservative than the western States, hence all the innovative surgeons in TX, California, Washington, etc. I heard from a friend that Dr. Paul Glazer is amazing though seems to be fusion. I liked Dr. Bitan but he seems to be very picky and cautious with doing ADRs these days. Stay away from Jeffrey Goldstein. I saw him twice and he has the bedside manner of a Troll, no compassion and not that many ADRs under his belt. ( He also writes his own online reviews.). You could try HSS though my luck with them has not been great. I think Cammisa and Girardi are the most involved in ADR but would also do a really good fusion.? Also Dr. Noel Perrin at NYU. Strictly fusion but a very good surgeon from what I know. Nice guy too. That is it and why I am going into debt seeking out surgeons really far away in the US. I heard Anders Cohen in Brooklyn is a good guy too.
Best of luck to you.
Microdiscectomy at L5S1 at HSS - failed
Lost successful business, went on disability; more "conservative" treatments
At 3 years fed up and deciding upon ADR or Fusion
Scared and uncertain