View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 09:46 AM

Thanks everyone for their good wishes and support. I am just doing what I do and trying not to worry about it to much. Finances are tough as I have to give them 20K up front but as long as nothing unexpected (figure the odds) pops up I should be okay there too. Just another worry.

Steve, in regards to the diet, there have been many postings by people recovering from surgery stating that bowel issues can be pretty painful. I guess what with all that moving of the stomach and organs around, your system pretty much shuts down for a few days. Which means anything in there stays there until it starts back up (BACK UP, if you get my drift). A lot of people have had some real "issues" (to put it delicately) and with the incision and all, you don't need extra pain and strain in that area. So, a lot of people try to stay away from solid foods a few days before the surgery and even take ex lax a couple days before to empty out as much as possible.
I plan on avoiding meat completely starting Saturday and trying to eat as light as possible.

I am all for less pain!

I will start a post op thread once I am able to get back online!

Thanks again to everyone!

Feeling great!