View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 10:41 PM

Default ADR surgery BCBS coverd

Hi DAnn, Sorry to hear all the trouble you have had with BCBS. I guess I have been lucky with BCBS of Alaska they have been good to me covering 2 fusions one at L4-L5 then 2 years later a complete revision of L4-L5 and added S-1 into the mix all because the first doctor messed up the first fusion. Then they covered an ANS spinal coord stimulator implant. and 2 microdisectimies, then after a bad car accident they coverd 2 surgeries to revise the spinal coord stimulator.

Now to what is going on with me now in 2010-2011 I just had a multi level ADR surgery to replace L2-L3 BCBS also have payed everything associated with that. My doctor in Alaska where I live sent me to DR.Rick Delemarter and DR.Alexander Risouli at Cedars Sinai in California. the reason being is that they are the only 2 ADR doctors in the USA that have FDA waivers to perform ADR surgeries, my doctor here said since they have those waivers and that they have done more ADR surgeries than any doctors in the USA that most every insurance company will cover the ADR surgery they do. It has proved true for me, Maybe this will help you I hope so.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.If it would be easier I can talk to you and answer questions youmay have or give you contact info for doctors that did my ADR, just let me know I will give you my skype info. My ADR surgery was just a month ago on December 27th 2010 so far I think it has gone very well.