View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 12:08 AM

Jerry,

I had two level ADR, m6 disc done in Barcelona, oct. 24, 2012. BCBS paid 60%. I do not know why they paid, but they did. I know many others say that BCBS will not pay for a 2 level ADR, especially for a device that is considered experimental in the US. However, the procedure IS NOT experimental in Europe where I had the surgery performed, which we pointed out to BCBS when we filed the claim. Also, Hospital QuirĂ³n is on the approved list on my BCBS rider.

Good luck, I hope you get them to cover your procedure. I think we all need to push insurance companies into accepting this procedure works & in the long run saves money and helps people feel better.v we also need to push the FDA to approve the M6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry5 View Post
I have BCBS, Ohio, and they approved the MRI, follow up, the VA paid for my L2-L3 discectomy, but I believe it is failing, this happened two days before Thanksgiving, and I had the L2-3 done on 3/29.

I talked to the Dr, and we agreed to a 3 level, replaced the damaged one, l2-l3, then replace the two lowest, l4-5 and L5-S1, that is the worst one, I have severe stenosis, the lower two are almost fusing, I will see the results of the contrast MRI and see what is going on for sure,

I will let people know what BCBS does, I am sure they will fight this.

Jerry
2 level M6 ADR, Dr. Clavel - Oct. 2012
Insurance paid
Not a day goes by that without me whispering a silent "thank you" to Dr. Clavel
Post Op 2+ years
Cross Fit 3-5 times a week
Running 5ks