View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverc View Post
bokes ;
"The other option i'm considering is a Transforaminal Discectomy" , you mean a microdiscetomy? Thanks .
@beaverc:
Above I should have called it 'Transforaminal Endoscopy'.
Im not an expert but I think T.E. is like a swiss-army tool for surgeons. It's a hollow needle with a bunch of gizmos at the tip, like a camera (so the surgeon can watch on TV), a light, a laser, a vacuum, and a rinse feature.
I believe when the surgeon uses the laser on this tool to remove herniated disc material, it's called 'Transforaminal Discectomy'. That's my understanding, feel free anyone to correct me on this.
I think a microdiscectomy is the old-school method of treating herniations, using more traditional tools.
My reason for mentioning this above, I saw one surgeon on youtube using the laser to cauterize the nerves on an annular tear, which is similar to the IDET I had done 20 years ago, which was partially successful.
But I'm no longer considering this tho, as my doc said it's too risky for too little benefit, & I trust his judgment.
Considering ADR in hope of being more active.