View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 07:23 AM

Is it worth it? Depends. It is subjective. It was in my case(Worth it I meant). Some times it isn't conclusive. The one thing I'm going to tell you is that it is the most painful thing I've had done. When they injected my L4-L5 and then L5-S1 I wanted to die. The good news was that it replicated my pain exactly and the Dr's were able to conclude it was those 2 Discs that were causing my symptoms. After the Dr was done he confessed that as far as he knew that is the single most painful test done in medicine this day. Take into account it has 0 therapeutic effect I can understand why so many people think it is cruel and unnecessary. With all that said I'm glad I had it done as again I'm now convinced those to discs are the issue. My take on it is if you have been in pain for quite a while, if you are willing to travel across the ocean to get surgery, if you are willing to spend a ton of your hard earned cash to get it fix then having a Discogram makes total sense IMHO. You really wanna get it right the first time you have the surgery. Good luck!!
-L5-S1 Broad-based posterior disc herniation/annular rupture superimposed on a circumferential disc bulge with impression on the anterior the cal sac and the lateral recess bilaterally compressing the descending nerve roots. Mild bilateral foraminal stenosis.
-L2-L3 1cm herniation and early DDD signs asymptomatic.