View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 07:51 PM

Hi all,

I canceled the fusion I was to have at C5-6 last wed in the hopes of getting and ADR. I have a very short time frame due to the significant compression of my spine. I'm reaching out for input on which is a good artificial disc and who is a good doctor.

In my search, I have narrowed it down to Dr. Zeegers in Munich and Dr. Bitan in NY. Dr. Zeegers is preferable because of his experience and Dr. Bitan because he is in the US. Has anyone had a cervical ADR from Dr. Bitan? How did you do? Has anyone had a bad experience with Dr. Zeegers? I've read nothing but good. Does anyone know the name and reputation of a Dr. who does ADR in Seattle?

I've heard and read bad things about the Charite and Bryan discs. I've read nothing but good about Prodisc-C (Dr. Bitan's disc of choice). It seems as if Mobi-C is Dr Zeegers' disc of choice. All of the above have plastic components. Some have said that plastic is at risk of breaking down making metal on metal devices like the Prestigue discs look attractive. Durability is a huge concern with me as I'm only 27 and on my second level (had fusion at C6-7 on 4/2/08). Can anyone shed some light on how they are doing with devices 3 to 5 years after installation?

I thank you for your responses in advance. I need to have this disc out ASAP to avoid loss of function in fingers and decreased balance. I hope to make the right decision with your help.