View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 08:45 PM

Hi ANSNJ, Dr. Bierstedt has his patients go through a week of rehab immediately after surgery at a facility that is connected by an indoor walkway to a Courtyard by Marriott Hotel. I have only heard great things about that facility on these boards. I recommend you contact member, Stonewall_Boris, who recently had surgery with him. Once one goes through that type of rehab and follows the PT's instructions, no further rehab should be necessary. I have had four cervical operations here in the U.S. and never had P.T. afterwards. However the surgeon showed me some exercises to do on my own. As far as a vertical cut vs a horizontal one goes, what is the issue with that? Is it scarring you're concerned about? If that is the case, I'm sure it can be dealt with in other ways several months post-op. I have doubts that any other ADR surgeon would do the incision differently. Have you posed this same question to Mr. Dare in the U.K.? You could also find out how Dr. Ritter-Lang does his incision (not that I suggest you use him)? Knowing a little about how Ritter-Lang's team works, you can probably get that question answered by e-mailing one of his team members directly. You can find those addresses directer on his website, www.betterdiscreplacement.com

I hope this helps you at least a little bit. BTW, there are a lot of advantages to staying in the U.S., even if it's across the country. You don't lose accountability if there are complications afterwards. This is what you mentioned regarding Dr. Clavel. Furthermore, airfare from the NYC area to LA is significantly less than to Europe. Finally, you're more likely to get follow-up care locally if you stay within the 50 states.

Good luck with your ultimate decision.

Gene
2008 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on left side
Feb, 2010 - Cervical Fusion C4/C5
Dec, 2010 - Lumbar Fusion L3/L5
2013 - Bulge on C5/C6; herniation C6/C7 right side
Mar 26, 2013 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on right side
May 5, 2015 - ADR with Dr Blumenthal of TBI for C5/C6 using Mobi-C