View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 07:17 PM

As an engineer - I have problems finding flaws in the LP-ESP.

I only worry about long term mechanical failure of the post / socket. That and the posts that stick into the nucleus to provide torsional freedom (within limits)...

Well even if I go through with it - I'll be VERY kind to my back over the next 40 years (god willing). No unnecessary lifting, etc...

I realize that's one of your concerns - being able to lift. Others do it with this disc I'm sure. Iris at lifeafteradr.com seems to be putting it through its paces.

For me the degrees of freedom are relevant in order to prevent adjacent segment disease.

I'm most interested in Dr. Desai, but there are other capable doctors out there. Seems to me that the LP-ESP is growing in popularity.. There seems to be a number of physicians that (2? more?) that use to mostly use the M6... But moving to mostly use the LP-ESP.

8 years ago it had 7 years of clinical experience. While nowhere near as many implantations as the M6, you'll be hard pressed to find someone clamming the design of the LP-ESP... Questioning it's safety.

But it's a gamble... Any of these are a gamble.
Four central disc protrusions in thoracic spine.

C5-C6, C6-C7 bulging, bone spurs. Imaging not looking good. Successful CP-ESP's placed in Oct 2019 by Dr. Desai.

Delayed lumbar surgery to work on bone density. Considering options now, some but minimal bone density improvement. Will only use LP-ESP.