View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 11:31 AM

Thank you so much for your information and responses. Everyone I have come in contact with so far - doc, physical therapist, surgeon (at 3 months from date of injury), co-workers- has encouraged me not to have the surgery, as I still have some decent quality of life with movement modification. It makes the decision harder for me. If I was continually narc-ed up, the decision would be relatively easy. I'm a glass half full, optimistic kind of girl, so of course I assume the best.

You're right of course that firefighting, no matter what, is a crappy way to treat a back, ADR or no.

But boy, having a more normal, pain reduced life is sure tempting. I actually crave being able to go for a run again. Who would have thought?...

My Occ Health doc has requested another consult for me, but with a surgeon (I believe he specified ortho, but I don't think the ins comany for the city will care). He wants the consult first and discogram only if the surgeon requests it, mostly to save me pain. I have a high tolerance, so I am not afraid of that, albeit not looking forward to it.

The names for SF are great. Thank you for that.

I received the video yesterday, so will watch that with my husband and daughter today. They are protective, and don't want me to have the surgery, even though I will have their full support no matter what. (My husband is changing from a job he loves to a new one to ensure that we have family healthcare, as we had it through my work. Trooper.)

A good weekend to you all, especially you military families out there.

Mslizzy
Epidural: 2/10
PT, massage, but mostly movement modification
Still off work