View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
If I had all the money in the world I'd go to the best doctor. But since I don't, it doesn't mean I'm looking for the cheapest one either.
I hear you, ndue. Hopefully one day statements like these will no longer reflect an unfortunate reality for some.

However, I think it's important to point out that each case is unique, just as each doctor is. Although 'best' is a subjective term, the best doctor for any given case and circumstance is not necessarily the most expensive, even today.

As Harrison said, there are some fine practicians Stateside and their numbers will be growing. The TDR industry is expected to grow exponentially within the next few years. As insurance companies start to cover the procedure, and more and more centers become highly skilled in the latest technologies, in addition to FDA approval of devices and techniques, hopefully the individual patient cost will come down and the European option will no longer be necessary for Americans.

I do what I can to help find affordable and viable treatment options in Europe, but am looking forward to the day when Americans won't have to make a long trip and pay sky-high out- of- pocket rates for quality treatment options that should be available at home.

Hang in there.

Trace