View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 10:16 AM

I believe you can use SKYPE on your personal computer for telephone usage. Much cheaper than land lines. E-mail is a great form of communication. Don't forget the power converter. Radio Shack has them for specific country's. Ask for German and it is cheaper than the world wide model. I bought one for the world. I regret not having two for our use in case one went bad or you have more to charge; i.e. MP3 Player (Essential ). I brought my computer, PDA, Cell Phone (Worthless unless you have a worldwide plan), Passport (Start early but, if necessary, get your Congressman involved in getting one fast), extra money (Go through XE.com - Cheaper although currency rates are horrible - Blame Bush), an IPOD or other musical device (Good for listening to music privately while others sleep around you), and, definitely ask for wheelchair assistance for all airport time, ask for a Benzo supplement to make the flight more manageable (give to spouse to administer according to doctor's instructions to keep from overdosing - not good in a foreign country - personal experience .) And the Serenity Prayer is always helpful. There was nothing we needed that I did not have. Life turned out well with the trust. A checklist is helpful though(Thanks be to Justin and Alastair).

Being a fellow control freak I think they should let us fly the planes. I would certainly feel better with flying. It would not have helped being in an overdose condition though. The plane may not have flown in a straight line (Drunk Flying? ) At least if the plane would've went down there was at least one person that would not have known about it.

Good-Luck all. It is a traumatic and fearful time. Especially for all of the pain you are in and the stress this puts on you and the caregivers.

Trust God/Go With God.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5