View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 01:14 AM

Thank you all for your replies.

I have done quite a bit of research on idea of the ADR performed overseas. I'd even say that the reason for the post fits into that category. Most of my time is spent on another forum, back support group.

As I tried to say, I know that Americans are going over to Europe for the procedure. They have listed the figure that cost them to do so. However, I don't know the specifics of it, whether or not they went through an agency service like this one or if they went on their own. This is the reason for my original post, an attempt to gather the information from specific people with experience or anyone that know of others that have. I suppose ultimately, I wanted to know if the number that people are throwing around (~$40,000) is only through a company like this (ie more expansive if they contacted the doctor directly).
As far as my personal condition. I've suffered from chronic lower back pain since I was at least 18 (10 years ago). About 4years ago, a Chiro. cracked my back a different way than before and within two weeks, total numbness on right side of lower body. Turned out to be a pinched nerve from a herniated disc. Had disctomy shortly after. Doctor told me it would fix the numbess but probably not the lower back pain that I had been experiencing.
This leads me to a question if anyone can help me with. I apologize for the tangent. Chronic lower back pain is commonly a result from herniated disc affecting the nearby nerves, correct? Is there anything else that can cause the pain? Like pain from the vertebra rubbing against each other? The pain is from the nerves correct?
Disctomy went well, numbess was gone. Pain was still present and chronic. I had x-rays, mri, ct scan and even a discogram (ouch). The last time I saw a doctor and had tests (and insurance) was about 3 years ago. At that time I had two herniated discs and one bulging disc. The pain, according to the discogram, was a cause of 2 discs. I'm sure in the past thee years, the condition has changed and all I know is my back still hurts, everyday all day.
I'm going to get insurance in the next couple of months but am prepaired to find out my back my not be covered which is the reason I'm really intereded in having the procedure done overseas where I don't have to sell my soul to have it performed here in the states.
One more question, the pain that everyone talks about, is it shooting pains or what? For me, it's this deadening numbness isolated in my lower back, no one side more than the other. It seems to be slightly affected by making tiny micro adjustments to my spine. However, nothing really makes it go away. I do receive relief when I support my body weight on my forearms on a counter or table and let my legs hang (same principal I experienced on a traction machine I did at physical theropy years ago).
Still experience chronic lumber pain but complete numbness on right side is gone t