View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 05:26 PM

I previously posted as HARLEYS DAD I lost all of my records & re registered. After eight months of batteling my Insurance Co. ( a divission of BCBS ) I finaly got my approval letter in August & they are paying 100% of the cost. That's the good news. I got the approval the second week of August & had my surgery scheduled for ADR at the L/5 S/1 on August 26th. The morning of the surgery at the Hospital I was informed that the surgery was cancled. Needless to say it was a major dissapointment. It was re scheduled for 11/11/2005. I called today to see what time I had to be there & was told by the same Nurse that it was cancled again. I asked her how, with seven weeks notice did it get cancelled. She said that the Vascular surgeon had something come up. I later called his office to find out if he had in fact been notified seven weeks in advance as I was & found out that his office was not aware of it untill today. It turns out that this one Nurse that does all of the scheduling for the clinic never coordinates with the other surgeons involved untill a couple of days prior to the surgery. I was very up set & she said she didn't have time to deal with a rude paitent & hung up on me. I called back to South Eastern Spine Institute in Mt Pleasant, SC to leave a message for my surgeon to call me. I specificaly asked the reseptionist to not give the message to Nurse Karen Blakley because I knew she would intercept it & I wouldn't get to speak with my DR. About two hours went by & she called & said "You just made a big mistake" I asked what she meant & she said that she was given the message & told that I didn't want her to intercept it. It was then that she told me that I would have to find another surgeon. She said she told DR Johnson that I was extreemly rude & demanding & that he told her to tell me to find someone else to do my surgery. I've been going there for two years & they have me on 200 mg of Morphine per day for pain. I don't know what to do now! Any advise, help would be greatly appreaciated. I feel as though they may have even broken the law by just dropping me like this given the severity of my condition. I can't work, & can only stand for short periods. I haven't slept in a bed in almost two years. I have to sleep sitting in my recliner, where i spend about twenty two hours each day. My pain managment Dr told me about two months ago that if I didn't get a surgery soon that I was risking serious nerve damage. Any suggestions anyone?