View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 12:36 AM

Hi there,
Sorry it took so long to respond, I've been trying since Friday to get on the discussion board & for whatever reason, I kept getting denied.

Tmont, I am studying to become a paralegal. I will be getting my Certificate in May but intend on continuing until I get my Associates Degree. However, lately I've been wondering if I should have stuck to computer programming to help with the techno hiccups with the board here.

Ans, I haven't really thought about the experimental trials or ProDisc. My surgeon has done some of the Charite ADR's hence why most of my research has been on that type of disc. I have a really complicated insurance issue between Worker's Comp & No-Fault. (I just can't catch a break injury wise). I can't even imagine being told by my insurance company that they won't pay for ADR & that I have to either have fusion or suffer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when I see my Ortho in 4 weeks that we can move forward without worrying about me getting stuck with a $50,000 bill. I wish you all the best in trying to get the help that you need in order to get on the road to being pain free.

Karin
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09