View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 10:28 PM

I haven't been around much in the past month since I've had all sorts of problems trying to reach the discussion boards. Here's an update on what's been going on....

After getting a second opinion about ADR surgery in February and after a road trip to Florida a week after the opinion, I think that I am one step closer to making a decision about having the surgery.

I'm tired of not being able to do things that I was once able to do. Three days ago I hurt my back just trying to put the leash on my dog's collar. The more I think about it, the more I realize that my quality of life isn't what it use to be.

Mark was kind enough to send me a copy of the ADR surgery & I've watched it a few times. I have an idea what I'm in for regarding the surgery. I'm still freaked out by the whole thing.

I see my orthopedic surgeon again in 4 weeks. I think I may just bite the bullet & tell him it's time to get my life back & let's schedule the surgery after I graduate in May. Until then, I'll try to gain as much knowledge as possible about the Charite disc.

Karin
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09