View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 11:27 PM

I'm looking for some help from others on this board. If you know anything through research, have any personal experience or know of anyone else who has, I'm looking for any thoughts on this as a viable option to me and others.
A search for "medical tourism" resulted in a website called European Medical Tourist (EMT). It was the first result I clicked on from the search. I was unable to see exactly what they are but I would assume they are an independent medical broker? They provides a service of connecting patients with European doctors for medial procedures for a lower cost than performed here in the states. Again, I know nothing about this company or this service and I'm trying to get some advice.
I've been entertaining the idea of traveling overseas (Germany or Austrialia) for an ADR. I have collected some names of good Doctors based on individuals experiences. How does this type of service compair to just contacting doctors directly for the procedure? I'm not even sure if those that have listed their overseas experience in ADR participated in a type of service this or not.
I asked for more information last night while searching there site and to my surprise, I received a phone call this morning (which woke me up at 7:30) from the owner, Tim Vicknair. I was told that a reply of the questions I had asked where replied to by email ealier. In the message I was told the cost is approximately 17,900 EUR or 23,500 USD which "include the medical expenses up to three weeks in the hospital." I have since inquired whether that is only for a single level and if so how much more for more levels. I like the figure but also am not searching for the cheapest price out there. I just want to make sure I'm heading in the right direction with a service like this or if it's unnecessary.
As I said, if anyone knows anything about this type of service or has any imput, I would be greatly appreciative.
Thank you in advance for your reply-Byron
Still experience chronic lumber pain but complete numbness on right side is gone t