View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Banned

Hi,

For what it's worth, I agree with Harrison completely. I'm an American who has been living in France for nearly 20 years (birthplace of the Prodisc among others) and have gone through 2 spine surgeries thus far. I also work as a research assistant for a talented neurosurgeon who performs ADR and have done much research on my own-- and neither of us are familiar with this organization. I will check into it, but for starters they ought to change their name, because medical treatment is far from a vacation.

That having been said, lower-cost options are out there and while not always publicized, there are highly competent surgeons in Europe who can and do perform the surgery for much less than the 'big names'.

There are also a lot of unskilled ADR surgeons out there, Stateside and elsewhere. The technology is relatively new and doctors as well as patients are climbing on board.

This is why you need to do your research on your own condition, and on the hospital/clinic/surgeon offering to perform the surgery. Nothing will ever replace your own research and knowledge, and you MUST BE your OWN BEST ADVOCATE.

Be hopeful but skeptical. Be open-minded but wary. Good luck!

Trace