View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 11:42 AM

Hello all,
My name is Kim and I'm new to the board. I'm writing for my husband, Dean, who has been mostly bedridden for 9 months. No specific incident that triggered his injury, after a week of snow shoveling, he almost dropped to the floor with pain one day while reaching into the fridge. He's been out of work and on heavy painkillers since. All conservative treatment methods have failed. He's been a patient of Dr. Yue, who told us Monday about Synthes decision not to allow 2 levels. So, we told the Dr. that we're ready to go see Dr. Bertagnoli overseas at this point. We have 2 beautiful baby boys, ages 4 months and 22 months, which makes going overseas logistically overwhelming, but we are ready to do what ever we have to do to get Dean there. Dr. Yue sent Dean's records overseas Monday, and told us to expect a call from his (Dr. Y's) office very soon. They said a surgery date may be as soon as the end of this month. I've been reading on this site for a couple of months and have learned SO MUCH from you all. Thank you, I can't say how much your stories help. Now that going overseas has become our reality, we could use your support and encouragement! The first thing I'd like to ask is how long is a typical stay overseas, from arrival to departure? Then, how much of that time is the patient in the hospital, and how much at a hotel afterwards? I know it varies, but any info. helps. I'll have a lot more questions, but I'll just begin there! I know about Anita the international coordinator, and I expect she'll clear a lot up, but until she and I touch base, you all could be a great help. Thanks!
L4/5 & L5/S1.
-Chiropractic treatment
-3 Failed injections
-Orthopedic Massage
Prodisc Surgery on 2/22/07 Dr. Yue
Yale New Haven Hospital, CT
L4/L5 & L5/S1
Back