View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 12:31 AM

Default Hopefully Price and Quality

I'm heading to Malaysia next month for my two level ADR. I had went through the nightmare of dealing with my insurance plans doctors who have told me everything and anything it seems reguarding my neck issues but in the end they offered a fusion than I mentioned ADR so they went that way, then backed out and offered fusion again. By then I was allready sold on the possible benefits of ADR and wanted to go this way instead of fusion but becuase I need two levels done and that is not FDA approved yet I started checking into going overseas.

During my initial research of ADR I was continually bumping into the Stenum web site and so I first went there, I didn't even know about medical tourism.
As I researched going overseas for my surgery I found lots of sites and countries offfering medical tourism. I eventually settled on a company that is called MeRetreat they are US based and help people plan all kinds of surgeries in several different countries. They have traveled to these different countries and searched out hostpitals and doctors that they could recomend to their cliants of which I am one now. The great thing for me is that I've found a doctor that has performed over 100 ADR surgeries, a very up to date Hospital and a great Country to visit. My local Nuerosurgeon that had offered ADR had done one ADR and I would have been his second ADR patient had I had it done here. As stated the Euro is not Dollar freindly right now and I feel like i'll be getting just as good of care in Malaysia as I would get in Germany and I was Quoted over 50K in Germany and I'll be paying 25K in Malaysia.

I'll let you know how it turns out

January 14th using the Discover disc