View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry5 View Post
Sorry for the phrase, but this is a HUGE commitment and investment.

I had my first surgery here in the USA, a very fine doctor, but you will find, that the USA is under the control of the FDA, they have a lot of people that influence them.
My Take.
After 2 or 3 opinions, I went to Germany, there are several in Europe, that are very experienced.

Although I get a little weak and sore, at the L51 fusion level, (will get some therapy in the near future-to help understand this change) but I am reversed.

The pain is gone and I have not taken any pain meds after about 9 days from surgery.

It is a HARD decision, but if you do it, and be done with it, it will change your life.

PM if you want some more information.
Jerry5, I definitely get your point and I'm starting to understand and learn this myself. It appears my health care provider (United Healthcare) wont cover lumbar ADR surgery (from what I have read online). If anyone can confirm this please do. If this is the case it will probably be fusion unless I pick up the bill and I doubt I can afford this.
Early 2000's L3/4 lumbar spinal stenosis/bulging disc: Lumbar laminectomy surgery.
2014 July 08 L3/4 L4/5 spinal stenosis: Decompression surgery.
2015 Continued to have leg pain in both legs: Receiving pain Management Treatment.