View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 08:14 PM

Prodisc C Nova vs. ESP - I don't really know which disk is better for any given criteria of better. I know Bertagnoli's spent over a decade perfecting his technique with the Prodisc so it's likely to be a better choice if you use him as a surgeon. A different surgeon might give a different answer. Remember that, statistically speaking, we've seen more convincing evidence that good placement does a better job of ensuring good outcomes than using any given ADR. Certainly, bad placement almost guarantees a failure.

Exercise - one thought might be to work with a surgeon who's got a post-op physical therapist as part of their staff or at least on call and work through the exercise regiment you can use. When you select someone to talk with about your possible revision surgery, that might be an important question to ask. I've used prolotherapy to help tighten soft tissue around specific problem areas or repair partially torn ligaments and tendons but regaining full functionality always required careful strength training for me.

Stem cells and SYSADOSA - Two decades ago, the word on the components of SYSADOSA was that they'd help a bit but not a whole lot. I don't know if that's changed. Like I mentioned, I know of only one person doing stem cell injections into disks. Bertagnoli performed a similar stem-cell like procedure for Laura about 12 or so years ago but it only works if you have a damaged disk that can be harvested during a ADR or fusion surgery and nucleus cultured and reinjected in a subsequent procedure. I tend to get the acronym wrong but I believe it to be Autologous Chondrocyte Discal Transplantation, ACDT, though I may have it backwards and it's ADCT. You might check if Bertagnoli still offers that or has advanced to direct stem cell harvesting and injections.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog