View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 10:01 AM

To take this to an extreme: if you don't revise your fusion to an ADR AND you do, at some future time, end up with adjacent segment damage, you can get those adjacent segments replaced with ADR for a hybrid spine. There's risks of second operations in the c-spine area due to scarring. Laura lost partial function of one iris and has never fully regained it and had a partially paralyzed vocal cord resolve after time; both caused by the surgery for her second Prodisc in her c-spine. Those risks aside, what I'm getting at is that you're not in a position where choosing to not revise your fusion now places you in an irrevocable situation. There are other options available to get you functional in the future.

I wish I could help more on the questions of stem cell injections into the disks. They aren't well vascularized so I don't think that there's many people attempting it but we've been looking exclusively within the US for regenerative injection practitioners. If you're willing to risk COVID and the myriad problems of a vacation in the US, I could point out who we talk with here. For that matter, if you feel your C-spine is hyper-mobile at C4/5 and C6/7, getting standard prolo or PRP in the soft tissue around the spine might help your overall strength training. That hypermobility is what's been the culprit for most of Laura's problems and we've been using prolo to mitigate that problem, poor static stability, while struggling to allow her to regain strength to improve dynamic stability
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog