View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 02:08 AM

Exclamation U.S. Ortho spine Surgeon

Hi, Going over seas for spinal surgery is a big deal. I'm also considering going to Germany but have trepidation regarding the financial cost. I will have to borrow money. What if disc replacement causes my problems to worsen? There is very little information regarding long term results. Of the longer term results I've read about it doesn't sound promising enough that I'd feel confident about it just yet. Though, I haven't closed my mind to it either. During my research, I recently came across a couple of articles which mention Dr. Charles Rosen. He is a U.S. orthopedic spine surgeon at University of California, Irvine, is considered to be in high standing and has a special interest in treating patients who have had failed disc replacement surgery. According to what I read, he has done quite a few revisions on patients who had disc replacement done overseas who ended up with failed surgeries and complications. I think that Doctor Rosen is an important contact to know.
Cervical MRI: Herniation C5-C6 and C6-C7, Broad-based disc/osteophyte complex at C5-C6 extending to ventral aspect of cervical cord, disc/osteophyte complex mildly indents canal at C6-C7, severe right C3-C4 degenerative facet arthropathy, facet hypertrophy of upper cervical spine notably at C2-C3 and C3-C4, small right central disc protrusion T1 to disc.