View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 12:15 AM

Thank you everyone for the welcome, and Justin I can not wait to be able to lift my head up high enough to be able to paddle again. Surfing use to be daily on the way to and from work on the Lahaina side.

I think that my biggest concerns right now are the same that a lot of people have. I am fighting to get this covered on my workers comp, but I was stupid and I sucked it up for a long time and now the adjuster does not want to believe me. I am of course concerned if this is the right thing for me. If it is worth the $7000.00 out of pocket that I am going to have to front to get this done on top of the $2500 that it is taking to fly my wife and I to somewhere where you can find competent medical care. (PS If you are not going to die in 5 hours or less, crawl on a flight out of here) I am pretty concerned about getting put under. I wonder how long it is going to take me to get back on my feet, because my job is only offering me 9 days of pay (including my vacation time) before they cut me off, and of course I know you should not rush getting back. I am concerned that I am going to do this and it is not going to take away the pain. That I will wake up and it will still be there or worse. I am concerned that I am going to have to keep popping Percocet 8 times a day to try and keep working. I think that is a pretty good start into the chaos that is my mind at the moment. I have to hop a flight tomorrow afternoon to head to Scottsdale, and I guess I am still trying to make up my mind.

I think that is enough venting for one post. Sorry!